FAQ for SEIV Discussion
Post here your comments for discussion regarding this FAQ. If you make major modifications to the FAQ for SEIV, we ask that you post your reasonings here. Please use the FAQ for SEIV template when adding new answers.
Since we are just starting this FAQ port, anyone is encouraged to edit it at will. I have created a basic category list, and by all intentions I don't expect it to stay rigid. I had to come up with something to create the page and give us a feel for what to expect the rest of the FAQ would look like. If you have a better idea on organizing the sections, feel free to take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions for Newbies thread on the Shrapnel Community Forums for comparison. inigma 16:09, 17 October 2005 (BST)
ok, i completely revamped the category sections to be more in line with Slick's Newbie FAQ. I have completed FAQ for SEIV 0.0 to serve as the foundation for the format and look of the rest of the FAQ. If consensus agrees, we will keep that format. If you wish to make changes to the format, post your explanation here. inigma 16:10, 19 October 2005 (BST)
- This thing looks to have gotten out of control with the subsections. I propose:
3 levels of pages:
- The root FAQ page.
- Then the major section page (such as 1.0) with a list of links to the minor section pages.
- Each minor section page (such as 1,1 or 1.2) has all of its accompanying text on the same page. Minor sections are still linked from the root by default. Each subsection of a minor section is then an in-page link.
This will keep all data linked from the root and it will greatly reduce the overhead.
Fyron 06 January 2006 (BST)
I am thinking that we should just dump the data into the Wiki with a minimum of formatting now to get it going. The articles can be marked as stubs and reformatted later. All we should put in for now is the header stuff at the top:
[[Category:SEIV Newbie FAQ]] '''[[FAQ for SEIV]] 5.5''' ''Repairs and Retrofitting'' [[FAQ for SEIV 5.4|< Back to ''Supply and Resupply'']] | [[FAQ for SEIV 5.6|Forward to ''Fleets'' >]]
Then we can just past the text directly from the FAQ below this.
Fyron 20:10, 22 January 2006 (GMT)
- Fun with wiki templates! Added a nav box template to the bottom of: http://wiki.spaceempires.net/index.php/FAQ_for_SEIV_6.1
- Fyron 09:52, 23 January 2006 (GMT)
- This should potentially replace the ugly "back to X" and "forward to Y" links at the top of each page. Im thinking that there might not even be need for the stuff above the Content box at all, just have the title down at the first big header line. "General" on that page would become "Ship Tactics." There would be nothing above the content box, save maybe a quick link back to root FAQ page? What do you think?
- Fyron 10:24, 23 January 2006 (GMT)
- looks good and useful
- Eorg 11:04, 23 January 2006 (GMT)
Trying to port over more of the Shrapnel Forum guide. Rearranged Ground Combat main. New to the wiki system myself, but I'd like to help out. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. Thanks in advance, John