[PBW] stands for Play by Web and is a much faster version of the file transfer.
Does not support Sequential games. For right now, Sequential games can only be done on PBEM.
- Game Administrator sets settings and should get all empire files so that he/she can start the game.
- Game Administrator distributes first turn file to the system.
- System sends files to all players.
- Players send the .plr files to the system for processing.
- System processes the .plr files, which are converted into a .gam file and sends the .gam file to all players. If a player did not do his/her turn, the AI takes over for that turn.
- Steps 4 and 5 are repeated until the game terminates.
Players only have a limited amount of time to process the turn, however, it is automated.
| Manual (SEIV)