Gravitational Quantum Resonator (SEIV)
|Gravitational Quantum Resonator I-V|
|Mass: 100 kT|
|Prerequisite: Stellar Manipulation III-VIII|
|Mineral: 60000 (I), 65000 (II), 70000 (III), 75000 (IV), 80000 (V)|
|Range: 100-500 lightyears|
To use one of these in unmodded Space Empires IV, you will need to:
- Research Stellar Manipulation to at least Level III
- Design a ship with a the gravitational quantum resonator on it. (The component takes up 100 kT.)
- Build the ship. Note that this will be expensive, take a long time, and cost you a lot in maintenance.
- Move your ship to the sector where you want your warp point to appear.
- Ensure your ship has at least one movement point and 500 supplies available.
- Click the "stellar manipulation" icon (or press 'b').
- Issue the "Open warp point" order.
Note that you cannot open a warp point if
- There are already 10 or more warp points in the system, and/or
- One or both of the systems contains a system gravitational shield facility. (Only in version 1.45 or later)
A more detailed analysis of warp-point placement in Space Empires IV can be found in the Warp point article.
Due to the high maintenance cost of stellar manipulation components, it is usually advisable to mothball any warp-openers that are going to be out of use for more than four or five turns. If it becomes necessary to start mothballing ships for economic reasons, warp-openers are usually among the first to go.